Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

My money don't jiggle-jiggle, it folds.

In all seriousness, I try to avoid carrying cash or change when at all possible, but I'm also an "older millennial", so my mom taught me to always keep some "emergency money" stashed away, so I have a couple dollars' worth of quarters in my console and a $20 folded up in my wallet.
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2017 Toyota Highlander, 2020 Ranger
I've noticed a lot (most? all?) of the center console dividers for the JL have a little "change tray" thing. And I was just looking at cup holder expanders and saw some with change organizers on the sides. Do a lot of people carry coins in their vehicles?
I do carry change, but it's in my pocket, unless my day will likely include literal rollercoaster riding. (My reasons: Small town parking meters, "penny smasher" souvenir machines, and pinball - but most of those don't use/need quarters anymore either.)
The nearest toll booths (which I avoid anyway) are cashless, and most parking is cashless or would be more practically paid with paper money. Basically, I've never felt the need to keep "jingling money" in the Jeep.
I'm not annoyed by change, but I'm curious about people having it in a vehicle enough for product makers to think a holder for it is a specifically needed feature.
Now that you know way more about me than you ever wanted... Do you carry/organize coins in your JL? Why?

TL/DR: Do you carry coins in your JL? Reasons?
No, there is no need for me now-a-days...

THAW

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JL4DrRubicon
I don't handle change well.

As for coins, I have one of these in my center console:
Jeep Wrangler JL Is Change A Good Thing? 51NDHDpXM7L._AC_SL1000_

I got it years ago, and only used it for drive-thrus. I haven't been through one in years - never in the Jeep.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

In all seriousness, I try to avoid carrying cash or change when at all possible, but I'm also an "older millennial", so my mom taught me to always keep some "emergency money" stashed away, so I have a couple dollars' worth of quarters in my console and a $20 folded up in my wallet.
My dad gave me a $20 just for that purpose when I left for college. That was back when $20 seemed like quite a bit of money.

That was a pretty good / fun round of beer ;)

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
I keep some loose change in the cup holder just in case I run out of Early Times. I give the bums a little loose change cause that's all I have buddy, good luck. But one .99 cent bottle of Liquor, they wave hello every day, loose change not so much, they really seem to favor the Early Times. ;)

Last edited:

UtahJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 392
I've noticed a lot (most? all?) of the center console dividers for the JL have a little "change tray" thing. And I was just looking at cup holder expanders and saw some with change organizers on the sides. Do a lot of people carry coins in their vehicles?
I do carry change, but it's in my pocket, unless my day will likely include literal rollercoaster riding. (My reasons: Small town parking meters, "penny smasher" souvenir machines, and pinball - but most of those don't use/need quarters anymore either.)
The nearest toll booths (which I avoid anyway) are cashless, and most parking is cashless or would be more practically paid with paper money. Basically, I've never felt the need to keep "jingling money" in the Jeep.
I'm not annoyed by change, but I'm curious about people having it in a vehicle enough for product makers to think a holder for it is a specifically needed feature.
Now that you know way more about me than you ever wanted... Do you carry/organize coins in your JL? Why?

TL/DR: Do you carry coins in your JL? Reasons?
What is this cash stuff that everyone is talking about? 😆

Sponsored

Slowcarton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jl (on order), 00 Xj, 92 Yj
My money don't jiggle-jiggle, it folds.

I do almost the same thing. I keep aboot $10 in quarters for the spray bay and $50 in small bills for emergencies & garage sales.

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
I have an oil sample bottle full of quarters in my center stash. No clue if I carry them for tolls, parking, laundry machines or a chance encounter with a pinball machine. You never can be too prepared…..

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I keep a roll of quarters in my pants to say hello to the ladies.
Move it to the front of your pants and they might stop running away in disgust.
Sponsored