First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Longer LCAs will probably help, but I'm not sure if you'd want adjustable arms to make sure the front pinion angle is OK. I don't know how much lift acceptable before you run into those problems. The drop brackets could be a good fix too.

Also, is this your actual Jeep? I see damage to the rear door and the roof looks tweaked, so my guess is something is off in the rear suspension as well, unless it's been repaired since the pic was taken.
Plus the right rear tire and rim are also pointing in a different direction.
Sponsored

Red Rubicon 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 Rubicon XR
Occupation
retired
If those tires are load range F as you say lower your pressure to the low 20s.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
If those tires are load range F as you say lower your pressure to the low 20s.
That was my thought but I had assumed normal 17" wheels. OP has massive wheels. The less air volume, the higher the pressure. So the normal 37" pressures DO NOT apply in his case.

That said, he should still be able to do 25 PSI, as a 37x12.5R22 tire is still rated to safely carry 1,765 pounds @ 25 PSI. But with those rubber band tires on giant wheels, I wouldn't go below 25.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
That’s probably what I’m going to do. I did drop from 34 to 30 psi in the tires and it seemed to have made a big improvement. May try 28psi next as these are load range f tires.
You’ll never get a good ride with that wheel/tire combo.

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
I know this isn't what most people would do but the only thing I would know to do in this situation is take it to a reputable 4x4 shop and have it fixed or at least get a quote to see what they would want to change/add or start over; order a new lift kit maybe even drop down to 35's, have a front end alignment done, but that's just me, no punt intended, I'm sure whatever you choose will work out just fine.

Best of luck my friend, beautiful Jeep. ?

Sponsored

OP
OP

bottomland4x4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler rubicon
I’m going to probably buy adjustable lower control arms, and fix the caster. Any recommendations for lca?

OP
OP

bottomland4x4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update. Ordered the rough country lower control arms and installed them. Haven’t taken it back for an alignment but with the factory arms I was at 3.0 and 3.5 degrees driver/passenger. after all my research and videos, threads, I thought I should be around 6 or so degrees of castor.
I started out with 1/8 degree longer on the lca. It drove betterbut was not where I wanted it. Went 3 rounds longer on each side and it’s drives way better, not quite as good as stock height/tires but dang close. i did have to straighten the steering wheel after the first installation, but not after the 3 rounds, I still may adjust it because it’s still not exactly perfect.
for the Jeep to have 22x12 wheels with 37x13.50 load range F tires it drives pretty dang good. I dropped air pressure to 30 psi and now it keeps throwing the low tire light, had to air back up to 35 to get it to go off, it was weird though because all were 30 psi butit showed the left front to be low? is there a way to change the low tire light setting?

AE3A8FE6-4DEB-4DAB-AA7A-BE7B3C2AE5CB.jpeg

9C88CA9F-FCDF-44CB-A662-8118C563CEE3.jpeg

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Update. Ordered the rough country lower control arms and installed them. Haven’t taken it back for an alignment but with the factory arms I was at 3.0 and 3.5 degrees driver/passenger. after all my research and videos, threads, I thought I should be around 6 or so degrees of castor.
I started out with 1/8 degree longer on the lca. It drove betterbut was not where I wanted it. Went 3 rounds longer on each side and it’s drives way better, not quite as good as stock height/tires but dang close. i did have to straighten the steering wheel after the first installation, but not after the 3 rounds, I still may adjust it because it’s still not exactly perfect.
for the Jeep to have 22x12 wheels with 37x13.50 load range F tires it drives pretty dang good. I dropped air pressure to 30 psi and now it keeps throwing the low tire light, had to air back up to 35 to get it to go off, it was weird though because all were 30 psi butit showed the left front to be low? is there a way to change the low tire light setting?

AE3A8FE6-4DEB-4DAB-AA7A-BE7B3C2AE5CB.jpeg

9C88CA9F-FCDF-44CB-A662-8118C563CEE3.jpeg
Jscan or a Tazer will take care of your TPMS and I think it will allow you to set the parameters for high and low pressure
Also on a lot of manufactures sites they will give you a good idea on what length to set the LCA`s to get real close and allow you to get it aligned. Check out the installation instructions on lift kits that include LCA`S and that should give you a good starting point.
You can also pick up a cheap angle gauge from HD or Lowes or harbor freight etc.

https://www.harborfreight.com/dial-...KIeeH5PLYxZ5rWqD7HsAstserkY6IozhoCz9wQAvD_BwE

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 2.5 inch spacer lift drives like crap 1716594687663-d1

Bill_BCNtoNY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor

you can change the TPMS alert level with a Tazer - almost a must if you want increased comfort and no TPMS warning

Sponsored

OP
OP

bottomland4x4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know this isn't what most people would do but the only thing I would know to do in this situation is take it to a reputable 4x4 shop and have it fixed or at least get a quote to see what they would want to change/add or start over; order a new lift kit maybe even drop down to 35's, have a front end alignment done, but that's just me, no punt intended, I'm sure whatever you choose will work out just fine.

Best of luck my friend, beautiful Jeep. ?
thanks, I prefer to do my own work, I’ve built and wheeled just about everything from a samurai on 31s to my ford crew cab on 5 ton rockwells and skidded tires. Just learning a new platform on this JL..

B2F3594B-974A-47E3-880F-F351E64CC529.jpeg

OP
OP

bottomland4x4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jscan or a Tazer will take care of your TPMS and I think it will allow you to set the parameters for high and low pressure
Also on a lot of manufactures sites they will give you a good idea on what length to set the LCA`s to get real close and allow you to get it aligned. Check out the installation instructions on lift kits that include LCA`S and that should give you a good starting point.
You can also pick up a cheap angle gauge from HD or Lowes or harbor freight etc.

https://www.harborfreight.com/dial-...KIeeH5PLYxZ5rWqD7HsAstserkY6IozhoCz9wQAvD_BwE

1716594687663-d1.png
ive got one of those from jegs, I use it to set driveshaft angles, I did put it on the front axle and it was right at 90-91, which should put me around 6 or 7 degrees. Probably not going to the alignment shop, as they really don’t have a clue, I just went there to get a baseline. They said all the jeeps they lifted drive like mine did, even after they did adjustable control arms.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
thanks, I prefer to do my own work, I’ve built and wheeled just about everything from a samurai on 31s to my ford crew cab on 5 ton rockwells and skidded tires. Just learning a new platform on this JL..

B2F3594B-974A-47E3-880F-F351E64CC529.jpeg
Now that`s a nice build!!!!! May not be for everyone but you have to give credit for the work that has been done!
Now I would guess there will be the usual haters typing away, but some of those people are afraid to do the simplest of modifications, let alone start from a custom frame on up.
Again, nice job and can`t wait to see how your Wrangler turns out

Definitely need to find a alignment facility that knows their shit, it almost sounds like the salesman`s pitch " It`s a Jeep thing and they all drive like that" which is total bullshit. Maybe someone on the forum may know of a place near you that can do it correctly

Just for the hell of it I would just check all of the components in the steering/front end and even the steering box, it may not have been updated from the aluminum to steel housing. I was able to turn my steering wheel from roughly 11:00 position to a 1:00 position same hand in the same starting point at 11:00 and go to 1:00 and the Jeep did not change it`s course, it also had a lot of choosing what direction it wanted to go while holding the steering wheel straight, it loved to wonder all over the road.
Check to see if there any TSB`s on your VIN. They ended up buying mine back BUT the option of installing a PSC steering box and pump would have solved the problem. There are known issues with the electric pump from the factory. That might be a good option for you and worth giving them a call

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 2017 WK2, 2018 JLU, 2022 JTOD
Update. Ordered the rough country lower control arms and installed them.
When looking at this Jeep, somehow I just KNEW you were gonna end up with rough country parts on it. Take care of her man, don’t treat her so bad!

OP
OP

bottomland4x4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When looking at this Jeep, somehow I just KNEW you were gonna end up with rough country parts on it. Take care of her man, don’t treat her so bad!
I’ve used rough country before and haven’t had any issues. I know they may not be top of the line but will work fine for what I plan on doing with the Jeep.
i have had a long list of jeeps from stock to one tons, LT1 V8, and 46 inch Baja claws. Partial list of the jeeps.
94 yj stock 4cyl 5 speed, later added 4 inch lift
89 yj 4.2 inline 6 5 speed no lift
87 yj 1 tons, 5.38 gears, LT1, stretched wheelbase 46 claws
88 yj tons 5.38 gears tbi 350 39.5 boggers
07 rubicon all stock bought flood damaged
14 sahara (wife’s Jeep bought new, now son drives it to college)
21 jlu rubicon, bought wrecked, replaced rear axle, quarter panel, painted right side, currently my project but the wife loves it, so it may hang around a while! Lol!

I also have a race mega truck on 2.5 ton/c103 hybrid axles with 20 inch nitrogen shocks, and a 1100 hp na big block. So I’ve been around 4wds for a while. Just new to the JL. Looking to learn more about this JLU platform and help out others where I can.

65FF4F27-0E88-4D75-891D-0327199D4E0C.jpeg
Sponsored