2024’s with ribcage or Maximus roof rack

pnwchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 4xE
I just got my 2024 rubicon 4xe and am interested in installing an internally supported roof rack. Probably the new Yakima ribcage, but also considering Maximus-3.

Has anyone installed an internal roll cage supported roof rack on a 2024 yet? Are there any issues with the new side curtain airbags or any changes to the roll cage that would affect the install?
Sponsored

OP
OP

pnwchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 4xE
If anyone was curious, I did end up installing the JL Ribcage. Ended up having to take the top off to get access to drill one of the holes that the airbag was in the way of, but it is possible.

Dlit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL Recon
Clubs

Did you go with crossbars or a platform? Any pics? How hard is it to remove the hardtop?

OP
OP

pnwchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 4xE
Did you go with crossbars or a platform? Any pics? How hard is it to remove the hardtop?
I am putting a tent+awning on in a few weeks when they get here, so ended up doing triple crossbars. I thought about the platform, but with the tent on top I figured I wouldn’t be able to make use of it and it would just be extra weight.

The front panels are unimpeded and will just come straight off. Taking the back off requires you to undo 8 extra bolts. Definitely adds a bit of time, but a bonus is that they used the same bolts as the oem top, so you only need one bit to get it all off.

I can take some pictures and post tomorrow.

Dlit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL Recon
Clubs

I am putting a tent+awning on in a few weeks when they get here, so ended up doing triple crossbars. I thought about the platform, but with the tent on top I figured I wouldn’t be able to make use of it and it would just be extra weight.

The front panels are unimpeded and will just come straight off. Taking the back off requires you to undo 8 extra bolts. Definitely adds a bit of time, but a bonus is that they used the same bolts as the oem top, so you only need one bit to get it all off.

I can take some pictures and post tomorrow.
Thanks I would appreciate the pics. Was considering the backbone system but this looks great and is appreciable cheaper with higher load ratings.

OP
OP

pnwchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 4xE
Here are some shots from inside/outside

Bonus pic at the end from last weekend without the crossbars. It becomes almost invisible.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024’s with ribcage or Maximus roof rack IMG_5629
Jeep Wrangler JL 2024’s with ribcage or Maximus roof rack IMG_5628
Jeep Wrangler JL 2024’s with ribcage or Maximus roof rack IMG_5627
Jeep Wrangler JL 2024’s with ribcage or Maximus roof rack IMG_5624
Jeep Wrangler JL 2024’s with ribcage or Maximus roof rack IMG_5625
Jeep Wrangler JL 2024’s with ribcage or Maximus roof rack IMG_5604
Sponsored