Dropped key fob, can't find it

Rogue321

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
This is a long shot, but I'm hoping someone did the same but found it.

2022 Wrangler Sport.

My friend was driving it and said she heard the key fob fall out of her her pocket and into the center console area. She looked and looked and called my in a panic. I told her that I would find it. I looked and looked everywhere. Pulled the mats, looked under the carpet. I even lifted the center console to get my hands under there. I couldn't find it either.

It starts, so the key fob is in there somewhere.

Has anyone experienced this and finally found it? Is there a device that detects whatever signal they emit?
Sponsored

Kahuna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon

2022 Wrangler Sport.

My friend was driving it and said she heard the key fob fall out of her her pocket and into the center console area. She looked and looked and called my in a panic. I told her that I would find it. I looked and looked everywhere. Pulled the mats, looked under the carpet. I even lifted the center console to get my hands under there. I couldn't find it either.

Has anyone experienced this and finally found it? Is there a device that detects whatever signal they emit?
I believe there is a vent that runs under the seat from front to rear..guess it could have ended up there.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

2022 Wrangler Sport.

I'd probably just remove all the carpet. It comes out without removing the seats or console. My guess is that you'll find it once the carpet is out.

OP
OP

Rogue321

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'd probably just remove all the carpet. It comes out without removing the seats or console. My guess is that you'll find it once the carpet is out.
I've pulled up the carpet from under both seats and run my hand as far under it as I could until I couldn't get it to pass between the carpet and floorboard.

But yeah, I guess I'll have to pull the carpet completely. This is so bizarre.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rogue321

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Take a look into the E brake opening as well.
I did. I didn't see anything, but it's a narrow opening so I couldn't see everything. I can't image it falling in there since that little slit is so narrow, but I'm at a lose.

I did lift the center console up a bit and slid my hand under there to feel around.

Cap10Glad

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
There's a half moon shaped hole on the bottom of each side of the console.
My fob fell in there. To get at it I had to unbolt the back of console (10mm) and loosen the front console bolts on each side. Then lift from the back and reach in.

NWJeepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR
Maybe it's in part of the seat track or frame and hasn't fallen to the floor yet. I'd be all over it with a flashlight. I'd probably pull the seat out if I didn't find it.

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
I have a set similar to these that fill the gap between the seat and the center console. Since putting them in I have never dropped anything into the abyss.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dropped key fob, can't find it IMG_0240

Sponsored

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500
I think next step is to pull the seat. It really isn’t hard to do, especially if you remove the limiters on the doors so you can swing them all the way open.

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4xe, 2024 Grand Cherokee 4xe
Try sliding the seats forward and back quickly a few times to see if you can knock it loose from wherever it might be stuck.

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

did it somehow fall in where the hand brake is? I don't see how given the fob is so big, but stranger things I guess?
Sponsored