Sponsored

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
It doesn't sound that difficult. Assuming, of course, you can programmatically convert the inputs into a common format. That might be the challenging part.
In our line of work data takes so many forms you couldn’t put it all in the same format. Everyone is using different cad packages too with different import/export options. I might just not be explaining the problem. Also you may be totally right but its not worth my effort to get my company and client on the same page on this issue.
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

In our line of work data takes so many forms you couldn’t put it all in the same format. Everyone is using different cad packages too with different import/export options. I might just not be explaining the problem. Also you may be totally right but its not worth my effort to get my company and client on the same page on this issue.
Yep, they'd need to do an analysis to figure out how much it costs for you (and people like you in other companies) to manually try to figure out those details vs paying someone to write and maintain software to automate it.

izolate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLR 3.6L V6 6sp
I like it. The proportions look much better, that’s something I feel the Bronco got right. Somehow the 2-dr Jeep looks too short, and the 4-dr too long (at least on anything under 35s).

Reactions: LCW

xWJKx

First Name
WILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holding Out For A Diesel Wrangler 2 DOOR!
You think they will ever bring back the square headlights?
Shhhhh! Do not mention"SHs" ever again. The powers that be, who can't seem to fully relate to Wranlger fans in the US these days (especially re 2DRs & MPG) might totally misread that & think US JEEP fans want SHs (lol) =0

Last edited:

Da Capt

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK sport
Shhhhh! Do not mention"SHs" ever again. The powers that be, who can't seem to fully relate to Wranlger fans in the US (especially re 2DRs & MPG) might totally misread that & think US JEEP fans want SHs (lol) =0
🤣🤣 Yeah I know what u mean my bad!! lol. But I meant it like I hope they don’t try to bring them back. But u never know these days. Some moron In HQ will think it’s a good idea

Sponsored

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

Here’s how I interpret this preview:

Late April, 2024 means that we’re about three years from bending metal on the finalized J70 design. At this point the exterior design elements have mostly been finalized and the mechanical design engineers are working with exterior on how to package what they need into the final product.

Look at the sketch again and imagine the conversation going something like this...

Mechanical: “Exterior looks great but can we stretch the front a bit more? We need a bit more room for the Hurricane and the generator motors…”

Exterior: “That won’t look right, how about if we move the dash back a bit to accommodate…”

Interior: “That’ll foul up ingress / egress unless you move the door back a few inches…

Exterior: “Good thing I left a bit of room between the back of the door and the wheel arches…

Interior: “Thanks. Also good thing Marketing finally relented on the fold down windshield requirement, we can rake that back and hide the deeper dash…”

Glover has undoubtedly seen the final drawings and we can try and interpret future elements from his quick sketch, notably the space between the door and the rear wheelwell and the low roofline which appears to do away with the folding Windshield (look at the last two 2-Door concepts from EJS, no folding Windshield there either). Throwing out the IFS vs. SFA speculation, they are clearly leaving us plenty of hints as to the styling direction of the J70.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 11.16.56 AM.png

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
No, this wasn't posted as an official teaser of the next generation J70 Wrangler, but perhaps this gives us a preview of what we can expect --

Jeep Exterior Designer, Jeremy Glover, created this sketch as part of an effort to promote Stellantis' Drive for Design contest.

J70 Wrangler Design Preview Sketch?.jpeg

Watch him pen this sketch live:

I’m expecting the next generation to be bigger, heavier, more complex, more “feature-rich”, and much more expensive…. It will probably also have a lower ceiling/roof, higher seat, and a fatter sound-bar that‘s mounted even farther forward. Collectively, these changes should eliminate buyers earning less than $200,000, those who love off-road trailing, and anybody over 5’10” tall. It’s all part of a grand evolutionary plan I can’t begin to understand.

andyfriedl

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
So i quickly inked up the image to get a better idea of what we are looking at. I also raked back the windshield more like the JL and moved the B pillar back a tad. Let the comments commence.
j70-inked.png

JamesWyatt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
IFS, IRS, too large wheels with no sidewall, bulbous body with lowered wheel wells....

This is a step in the wrong direction for certain.
The pumpkins hanging down are kinda like genitalia. The artist was probably just self-censoring.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Next couple years will be interesting for sure, it's been a decade since Jeep was last tasked with redesigning the brands icon...

I'm not a betting man but if I were I would bet the farm we see OEM 37's on some trims!

*Wishful thinking however they would offer 37's on a 2-door...But hey, I can still wish!

SCAMMER larasilva1880

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler Rubicon
No, this wasn't posted as an official teaser of the next generation J70 Wrangler, but perhaps this gives us a preview of what we can expect --

Jeep Exterior Designer, Jeremy Glover, created this sketch as part of an effort to promote Stellantis' Drive for Design contest.

J70 Wrangler Design Preview Sketch?.jpeg

Watch him pen this sketch live:

in the drawing it shows angles moving up where the rear axle would be, looks kinda like lower a arms from an independent suspension. Likewise the front is lacking anything identifying it as having a solid axle.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I like it. The proportions look much better, that’s something I feel the Bronco got right. Somehow the 2-dr Jeep looks too short, and the 4-dr too long (at least on anything under 35s).
I like the slight increase in the 2 door wheelbase that the sketch shows.

Mattman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2dr
Always interesting to me they start with a 2 door concept/drawing even though majority of sales go towards the 4 door.
That's cuz they want to lure you in and then your wife informs you what you're really going to buy... ;)

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7