Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Jeep® Brand Expands Badge of Honor Program to 68 Trails
  • Jeep® brand adds six new trails to the Badge of Honor program
  • New trails include two in Kansas, two in Pennsylvania, one in Arkansas and one in Missouri
  • All 68 Badge of Honor trails are included in the new 2024 Jeep Wrangler and 2024 Jeep Gladiator Jeep Adventure Guides featuring Trails Offroad, which deliver comprehensive off-road trail guides loaded right into the Uconnect 5 Nav system with over-the-air updates available to further enhance the experience
October 4, 2023 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Jeep® brand shows off-roading is more than an activity. It’s a way of life.

Jeep Badge of Honor, an online community that celebrates and rewards those who embrace the off-road life, is expanding its catalog to 68 trails, featuring the following six new trails:
  • Quartz Canyon: Hot Springs Off-road Park, Arkansas
  • Barney Rubble Blue Trail #49: Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area, Pennsylvania
  • Fern Ridge Trail #121: Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area, Pennsylvania
  • C-2 Trail #141: Kansas Rocks Recreation Park, Kansas
  • Rattlesnake Alley Trail #149: Kansas Rocks Recreation Park, Kansas
  • Cougar Crossing: Southern Missouri Off-road Ranch, Missouri
Customers can download and use the Jeep Badge of Honor app to discover trail highlights, difficulty ratings and user photos, then earn hard badges to display on their Jeep brand 4x4 vehicles.

The Badge of Honor trails are also included in the new Jeep Adventure Guides, a built-in off-road adventure trail guide system featuring Trails Offroad, a leader in off-road trail guides and maps.

Downloaded right into the Uconnect 5 Nav system in the new 2024 Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator and displayed on the new 12.3-inch high-resolution screen, the available Jeep Adventure Guides deliver detailed guides and maps for more than 200 off-road destinations that span coast to coast, giving Jeep customers new adventures, whether they’re discovering their first trail or visiting their favorite repeat destination. Part of the 200-plus trail guides, the 68 Jeep Badge of Honor trails include the Rubicon Trail in California, Hell’s Revenge in Utah and Jericho Mountain in New Hampshire.

For even more adventures, owners can upgrade to an annual $39.99 premium subscription that unlocks Trails Offroad’s full catalog of 3,000-plus trail guides.

The Trails Offroad catalog spans a wide variety of difficulty levels and terrains and boasts an unmatched level of information and quality, including:
  • All trails rated by experts based on real-world evaluation
  • Consistent difficulty rating
  • Route description
  • Key waypoints for turns, obstacles and points of interest
This new partnership gives Jeep customers detailed information about the best off-road adventures across the United States and Canada, with over-the-air updates available to further enhance the experience. Customers will also be able to navigate directly to the trailhead of their chosen off-road adventure and to keep track of their progress by following integrated trail route maps. The unrivaled in-vehicle integration further cements the Jeep brand’s off-road leadership.

Since debuting on the 2024 Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Adventure Guides are being enhanced with a new Follow Mode that provides the right information at the right time by displaying pop-ups for waypoints, such as intersection directions, obstacles or point of interests, as the driver approaches the waypoint on the trail. Also, for trails that can be traversed both directions, customers will be able to navigate to the end of the trail in addition to the start of the trail.
Sponsored

Mojave Dust

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vv4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
retired CIO; professional dilettante
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Odd that the only new ones added out of all that have been submitted are in these pay-to-play parks. Wonder if there's a little bakshish involved? :lipssealed:

RubiX4xe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon X 4xe, 2019 Dodge Durango Citadel
Is this coming in an over the air update to 2024s? Because none of us actually have it loaded into our Uconnect.

kansasboy91

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Odd that the only new ones added out of all that have been submitted are in these pay-to-play parks. Wonder if there's a little bakshish involved? :lipssealed:
The people that run K-Rock are in my club. They have indicated that it’s not an awfully lucrative business (at least in Kansas). I would assume that insurance, prices of rigs and fuel and taxes would be the main contributing factors. Unfortunately if you have not been paying attention there has started to be a big push to get rid of off road vehicles on public lands. The Blue Ribbon Coalition has been trying hard to keep public open. Also, there are really only two places to wheel in KS, K-Rocks (paid) and Tuttle Creek ORV which is owned by the Army Corps or Engineers so, we’re at their mercy….

Sponsored

rdfact

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURXR, '01 WJ
I wish they would add more trails in the Sierras. There are so many more tough trails besides the Rubicon.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I wish they would add some in New England. Only one I’m aware of is Jericho up in N.H. ?‍♂

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
I wish they would add more trails in the Sierras. There are so many more tough trails besides the Rubicon.
Careful what you wish for.

Why would you want that? Even more traffic on those trails?

Mojave Dust

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vv4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
retired CIO; professional dilettante
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The people that run K-Rock are in my club. They have indicated that it’s not an awfully lucrative business (at least in Kansas). I would assume that insurance, prices of rigs and fuel and taxes would be the main contributing factors. Unfortunately if you have not been paying attention there has started to be a big push to get rid of off road vehicles on public lands. The Blue Ribbon Coalition has been trying hard to keep public open. Also, there are really only two places to wheel in KS, K-Rocks (paid) and Tuttle Creek ORV which is owned by the Army Corps or Engineers so, we’re at their mercy….
I did not intend my comment to be a slight at the parks. Having lived in the east, I know the difficulty of finding challenging places to ride. Kudos to you and your club for supporting the park and getting new trails added, and hope you guys will keep up the good work.
I'm fortunate to live in southeastern Nevada within easy driving distance of many awesome trails in NV, UT, and AZ. However, my home state of NV while having more mountains and backroads than most other states, has but one BOH trail. One! And that one's arguably not the most representative of some of the finer Jeeping trails in NV. There are other trails that I know have been submitted hundreds of times by my club and others yet have not even received the courtesy of a reply from Jeep to my knowledge. Very frustrating.
Yes, I am acutely aware of the loss of access to public lands. We are also engaged in our own battles and have just experienced a major loss in the Moab - Green River, UT area. Most of the Easter Safari and all of the BOH trails were left alone (for now), but many of the roads lost were less well known yet some of the more rewarding places to ride. So a little bit of attention, like a BOH trail, is probably a good thing, at least in that regard.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I personally believe there should be less badge of honor trails. I think each trail should have something that sets it apart and makes it special. I have done 55 of the badge trails. I will eventually do them all. Some, I have made multiple attempts to run them and I would have five more badges, but the trails were closed due to weather, avalanche, or closed for the season. I have run each of the 55 trails that I have badges for. I am not a tire checker or check in from the parking lot kind of guy. I have drove from Michigan to Georgia and South Carolina four times trying to get Beasley knob and the Gulches. Twice to the Colorado area to get Poughkeepsie gulch and the trail not be open. Last year I was with in forty miles of Dusty Ershim and did not claim it as it was not open yet. That will be over 5000 miles to return to run the trail and claim the badge. I am talking about thousands of dollars to drive the Jeep from Michigan back to California, run the trail and return back to Michigan. It will most likely be the most expensive badge of all of them. Two trips to CA for the Dusty Ershim..... Hopefully, I can maybe get it in 2024.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Expands Badge of Honor Program to 68 Trails 1696794678515

There are many trails that are mediocre at best. I am not saying they have to be overly challenging. I am saying that there are badge trails that zero qualities about them. A badge trail can be from mild to wild. A mild trail should have something that is at least interesting to see, a great view, great location, something to make up for the lack of for better words something to enjoy. A wild trail may be a great challenge, and that makes up for maybe no real great views for example.

Let me digress.

There is nothing special about Peter's Mill Run, Tread Lightly, Holy Oaks ORV Park, Northwest OHV Park, or Table Mesa Road. These trails have nothing really special that I would consider them cool. Matter of fact if you drove over 500 miles or thousands of miles to do the badge trail like I did, you might let down. Nothing cool around Peter's Mill Run. There is a good Mexican Restaurant in town, and a fire watch tower near by, but hardly something that would warrant spending $1000 to run the trail.

An example of a mediocre badge trail is Black Gap 4x4 trail. Yet it is still worth going to because it is in Big Bend National Park in Texas and there is a ton of cool stuff to do in the area. Other great trails, hot springs, great hiking, great camping, A person could easily spend a week or a month in that area and have a great time. The badge trail is just frosting on the cake as one might say.

I would have also liked to see the program be better managed before it expanded again. I waited 16 months for some of the badges to arrive. The program is horribly managed and truthfully they should have been more focused on fixing their administrative side of the program before expanding. There is zero excuses for not answering emails, phone calls, addressing badges that were not sent or fixing errors when wrong badges were sent, the list goes on and on about how poorly the program is managed.

The Badge of Honor program should be a positive thing for Jeep, but instead it in general piss off thousand and thousands of Jeep owner every year. Those Jeeper can easily be fuond on this forum pissed off about how poorly the program is ran. For the love of god, do not get on the Facebook page about the Jeep Badge of Honor, you could spend months reading about how poorly the program is managed.

Overall, I like the program. The app works decent and it is a great way to plan travel around the US. It is fun and gives Jeepers like me a reason to visit an area and wheel. So simple things like not taking 16 months to ship a piece of plastic would be a great start. Like I am not sure if there is any other program that takes 16 months to ship something. Heck even the Federal Government is better than that.

Sponsored

GavinH

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I believe Hardrock Offroad should be a BoH for Florida as Tread Lightly is our only badged trail. Hardrock has some slick hills and I’ve seen two people roll down hills on two separate occasions so it’s no joke.

I agree about Tread Lightly I’m right around the corner from it and I’ve done it during heavy rain showers just to make it interesting and fun other than the sugar sand it can mostly be done in 2wd. There’s a few bottomless mud pits but they all have bypasses. The trail is a great little getaway for a few hours from the city but nothing a stock sport couldn’t couldn’t do.

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I would have also liked to see the program be better managed before it expanded again. I waited 16 months for some of the badges to arrive. The program is horribly managed and truthfully they should have been more focused on fixing their administrative side of the program before expanding. There is zero excuses for not answering emails, phone calls, addressing badges that were not sent or fixing errors when wrong badges were sent, the list goes on and on about how poorly the program is managed.
Totally agree with this. I don't understand who is even running it. Is it Jeep? Is it a 3rd party?

I'm assuming there really isn't any profit in it for them which is why it isn't a priority and they aren't throwing much money into it. But then why even have the program at all? I feel like they should either do it right or not at all. ?‍♀

UTME

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon-X Unlimited
To be fair they should have at least one boh in each state. Nothing in New Mexico?

Just getting started…

IMG_1182.jpeg