Sponsored

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
It seems the gold border exaggerates the width to the standard Willys letters/font. The intentional flourish of the new decal would seem to detract from the reference to the simplicity of the Willys provenance. Just my .02 pfenning.
Different opinion for me, although I agree, looks like the black sections are the same size as original, but the gold outlines require the letters to be spaced out further.

I've always thought the area of the Willys letters on the hood was too small. Your decal fixes that a bit. Just another 2 pennies for ya, but I say throw them on, especially if they match your overall theme.
Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
let me get your guy’s 2 cents…. Placed an order with these guys for a willys decal. I’ve got some gold vinyl stickers, eventually planning on getting some bronze wheels to complement the Sarge green. Got standard matte black, gold outline

decals arrived today, but are oddly oversized. Pic attached. Should I inquire about getting a replacement with proper proportions or just roll with it? Not sure how I feel about it..

5A20950E-1C9F-4E83-BEA8-1032781A0587.jpeg
I wouldn't be happy with those. If they're the "Jeep studio" they should have the sizes correct. Heck my decal guy can make any OEM decal in the correct sizes for about 1/2 the cost of these. All I have to do is send him the picture and the measurements.

IAMTHEBEASTIWORSHIP

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU
I wouldn't be happy with those. If they're the "Jeep studio" they should have the sizes correct. Heck my decal guy can make any OEM decal in the correct sizes for about 1/2 the cost of these. All I have to do is send him the picture and the measurements.
yea, I can’t say that I’m satisfied. I get what some of the members are saying about the gold outline exaggerating the size… but if you look closely, the proportions are just off.. check out the right wedge on the “W,” the gap is off.. legs on the “L”s are pretty stubby too.

Edit/Update: for anyone curious, i just (6/11) emailed JGS and requested a return/refund of their product. i can't find any 'fine print' on their website regarding returns, so hopefully this doesn't turn into a nightmare. i'll provide more info as i get it.

Final update: I received a response already from JGS, they acknowledged the sizing error and are issuing a refund. Despite not getting the decals I wanted, at least they have great customer service.

Last edited:

Zenmaster238

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Firecracker Red JLURXR
anyone get the stainless steel inserts for shifter and transfer case?

JCPII

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
anyone get the stainless steel inserts for shifter and transfer case?
Yeah, I bit on these. They're a little pricey, but seem to be good quality. Easy install, just pop out the plastic inserts and lightly tap in the new ones. Ensure you retrieve the flat roll spring from the plastic inserts. I had the spring on my transfer case shifter stay inserted, however had to remove the spring from the transmission shift lever insert.

Sponsored

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
let me get your guy’s 2 cents…. Placed an order with these guys for a willys decal. I’ve got some gold vinyl stickers, eventually planning on getting some bronze wheels to complement the Sarge green. Got standard matte black, gold outline

decals arrived today, but are oddly oversized. Pic attached. Should I inquire about getting a replacement with proper proportions or just roll with it? Not sure how I feel about it..

5A20950E-1C9F-4E83-BEA8-1032781A0587.jpeg
I like the Willys hood decals, but personally, I always felt they looked a bit narrow.

The wider decal is an improvement IMHO.

IAMTHEBEASTIWORSHIP

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU
I like the Willys hood decals, but personally, I always felt they looked a bit narrow.

The wider decal is an improvement IMHO.
I wouldn't have cared so much if it was just bigger.. but if you look closely, the proportions are very warped. it just didn't look right to me.

IAMTHEBEASTIWORSHIP

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU
So did they just refund you are remake the decal and send a new one?
They issued me a refund, I ended up tossing what they sent me.

dude from pixeldecals hit me up and made me a set in the correct proportions. I was very pleased, great work and about half the price.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Launches Jeep Graphic Studio for Wrangler Owners to Purchase Custom Graphics / Decals A07AFFD1-BE57-4353-BBCC-D4BE0ACF929F

SBLACK502

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
They issued me a refund, I ended up tossing what they sent me.

dude from pixeldecals hit me up and made me a set in the correct proportions. I was very pleased, great work and about half the price.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Launches Jeep Graphic Studio for Wrangler Owners to Purchase Custom Graphics / Decals A07AFFD1-BE57-4353-BBCC-D4BE0ACF929F
That’s exactly what I want!
Sponsored