Loose Intercooler pipe

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
I’m looking for others take on the loose movable connection on the intercooler hose that goes to the top of the motor at the center. It moves in and out a bit, side to side and I can twist it. It’s definitely loose. Is this connection like this on your Ecodiesel?
I don’t know if this is a concern or normal by design.
I can’t seem to get a 3 second video I took with my iPhone to work in this post😡
Jeep Wrangler JL Loose Intercooler pipe IMG_6511
Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 2017 WK2, 2018 JLU, 2022 JTOD
Mine feels tight, I can’t move it at all. Might wanna see if you can throw a new hose clamp on it. In my turbo days of running 27psi I found that T bolt clamps are a godsend.

OP
OP
BUSHRVN

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
It’s an odd connection. It’d got two wires going around that are spaced out from the fitting the have hooks at each end going into the fitting. No conventional clamps at all. I’ll have to get a better picture in the morning of the clamp itself.

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
If it is the wire pipe connection, it's not a good hold for sure. I wouldn't call it a clamp. I removed my charge pipe to do some top end work not long ago. On one of end of the connection, it was very loose and I could undo the pipe connection with my fingers. Other side was super tight and had to use screw drivers to pop both sides up at the same time.

Take your beauty cover off (2 torx screws and the back presses into some grommets). Look at it and see if those wired pipe connections. Maybe it has loosen up and not seated properly.
Sponsored