First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Instructor
Yeah, I'm the bigot here because I notice the gentlemen's Mongoloid features (that's a scientific term, not a judgmental one)...
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Trolling Threads? 1000016468

You virtue signaling fool. The term is outdated and racist, it refers to the ignorant idea from decades ago that someone born with Downs resembles an Asian, specifically from the Mongolia region.

Which is worse? When someone is making a joke and takes it a bit far. It's a joke, and not to be taken seriously anyway. Or when someone comes in self-righteously accusing others of wilfully being bigoted and uses a racist term, which offends the group they are claiming offense on behalf of.
Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
A couple of thoughts @Tredsdert.

1) Mongoloid features, as I tried to explain, but you either missed, or are still attempting this desperate attempt at trying to assign your blame to me, is simply a clinical feature of, and in part method of recognizing people with Down's Syndrome.

Please, "learn," it's the prescription for bigotry--or is this scientific journal hypocritical too?
(Search "Mongoloid")

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4886596/#:~:text=The%20characteristic%20features%20of%20Down's,and%20mental%20retardation%20were%20present.

Someday, when you actually come with solid arguments you won't need to cite pictures and memes to make your case.

If you had any evidence that your picture of a Down's Syndrome individual was as unintended as you say you would have presented it posts ago. It's not "Karen" of anyone to hold you to your own claims.

You've made it sound like I've asked to "speak with your manager."

@Tredsdert: suggestion...really, one that benefits you..."stay down." This "dapper gentleman crap," and "I didn't realize he was Down's" and "he just came up in my feed" it's not holding water.

Really you missed this guy as being special needs? https://www.facebook.com/TimTebowFo...onth-we-love-celebrating-o/10157612871185779/

Really? Seriously dude do you suffer with face blindness? Maybe it's you I should be showing the sympathy, not the guy you made fun of.
Dang guy, You're really butt hurt about this huh?

It's okay man. It's not a big deal. You're only overreacting a little bit. It's okay though I'm sure if you drop it now we're all forgive you.

Then again I'm getting the strange feeling that you're going to be bumping heads with people here a lot. I mean you've already been doing it in two threads that I've seen. Just imagine how many I haven't seen.

I find people who cause trouble around here and can't drop things usually weed themselves out. It's only matter of time.

It's okay man. I forgive you, not everyone can accept defeat easily.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Trolling Threads? ecab0aef353e8967ac68edb99ccb695b

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I'm sure there are many, but It might be fun to see which Trolling threads have gotten the best of us.

Here is one of the best, as far as I'm concerned. It's still going.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/we-want-to-hear-from-you.123879/

I think at this point I'm going to have to recommend THIS thread.

I'm not sure if OP is on another level than the rest of us, but something tells me he knew what he was doing when he created that thread!
???

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
I’m an older guy, and there’s so phocccccckkkkking much alphabet soup going on in this thread that I need a separate window to investigate these abbreviations.

AndySpill

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
1000016468.jpg

You virtue signaling fool. The term is outdated and racist, it refers to the ignorant idea from decades ago that someone born with Downs resembles an Asian, specifically from the Mongolia region.

Which is worse? When someone is making a joke and takes it a bit far. It's a joke, and not to be taken seriously anyway. Or when someone comes in self-righteously accusing others of wilfully being bigoted and uses a racist term, which offends the group they are claiming offense on behalf of.
Words have multiple definitions any more than the one you've come up with is merely descriptive, not judgemental, like Caucasian--unless that word offends you too.

Let's see if you can grasp this. Clinical medical texts the word over, in their non-judgmental description of the physical characteristics of people with Down's Syndrome, detail the commonality of their Mongoloid features, not that (now read this twice) people of Mongoloid extraction are lacking in intelligence. People with Down's Syndrome simply do often present with facial features not unlike those indigenous to (wait for it) people of East and Southeast Asia and the Artic region of North America. This is not to cast judgment on anyone's physical appearance.

Of course the clinical litmus test for diagnosis is the presence of three #21 chromosomes, but the impetuous to effect such test, to get these people the help with medical problems their syndrome often presents, is to first rule in or out the justification for chromosomal testing by observing features about them that can be detected with the 5 senses.

Bigotry's twin cousin is stupidity. If you find such medical descriptors offensive, go take it up with them. I hope this was a learning experience for you.

Sponsored

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
Maybe just let it go, what do you think about that? ?‍♂

holediggeriphy.gif

AndySpill

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Dang guy, You're really butt hurt about this huh?

It's okay man. It's not a big deal. You're only overreacting a little bit. It's okay though I'm sure if you drop it now we're all forgive you.

Then again I'm getting the strange feeling that you're going to be bumping heads with people here a lot. I mean you've already been doing it in two threads that I've seen. Just imagine how many I haven't seen.

I find people who cause trouble around here and can't drop things usually weed themselves out. It's only matter of time.

It's okay man. I forgive you, not everyone can accept defeat easily.

ecab0aef353e8967ac68edb99ccb695b.gif
...right..I'm devastated. It's not even a fair fight (I should explain what that means---it means your ship of ideas is sinking)

* provide the link that got you to the picture you accidentally posted....or provide a screen shot of your search results with the URL, should you feel that I can't produce the same results your URL provides.

* tell everyone how you missed this individual on the left as being special needs

https://www.facebook.com/TimTebowFo...onth-we-love-celebrating-o/10157612871185779/

I'll play some music waiting for your answer to these two requests. Do post a meme in response.

Do you know what recursion is? Let's just say this thread is a self-referential example of its own title.

(@Tredsdert, for the love of God, stay down!)

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Maybe just let it go, what do you think about that? ?‍♂

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Trolling Threads? holediggeriphy
Wait, you think we're capable of such ludicrous behavior as "letting it go"??? And just when I thought you were beginning to understand us.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Let's see if you can grasp this...

...I hope this was a learning experience for you.
This guy is so full of himself it's kinda disgusting.

I feel like he's the kind of guy who gets infatuated with every mirror he sees. :CWL:

AndySpill

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
This guy is so full of himself it's kinda disgusting.

I feel like he's the kind of guy who gets infatuated with every mirror he sees. :CWL:
..says the man who refuses to provide 2 simple responses to the BS claims he made.

1) link

2) you miss this guy as not being special needs.

https://www.facebook.com/TimTebowFoundation/posts/did-you-know-that-october-is-down-syndrome-awareness-month-we-love-celebrating-o/1015761287118577

Lets assume I'm all the infatuted with myself you claim me to be (I'm not. Someone who claims bigotry in others out of ignorance or stupidity has it coming).

You still won't provide the above 2.

(Greg, please, stay down. Logic is not on your side here.)

Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
..says the man who refuses to provide 2 simple responses to the BS claims he made.

1) link

2) you miss this guy as not being special needs.

https://www.facebook.com/TimTebowFoundation/posts/did-you-know-that-october-is-down-syndrome-awareness-month-we-love-celebrating-o/1015761287118577

Lets assume I'm all the infatuted with myself you claim me to be (I'm not. Someone who claims bigotry in others out of ignorance or stupidity has it coming).

You still won't provide the above 2.

(Greg, please, stay down. Logic is not on your side here.)
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Trolling Threads? 81b4bca0-8fec-48ae-9d23-9e8e5daaa173_text

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
@AndySpill I've been looking through your threads and messages. I can't seem to find any photos of your Jeep. Do you own one or waiting on delivery?

Hey Bill:

I'm not here pushing or condemning ESS as a concept for saving fuel, or bashing Stellantis' design for that system: much as it could have been done much better.

Rather, I'm here to assign blame where I think it belongs, and that's with the EPA rules for ESS systems and stupid law suits.

The way the EPA regulates ESS incentivizes Stellantis to simply pass its ESS test with a new vehicle and to insure that those running ESS don't get stranded at a traffic light, hence the tiny battery on dual AGM battery Wranglers. For Stellantis to make the system more robust (say with equally sized batteries that swapped roles now and then) would cost us more and not gain any greater favor with the EPA; who if they (the EPA) were truly interested in (IMHO) writing law to insure ESS systems were designed better, would test that ESS systems still engaged well into ownership, not just when the batteries and vehicles were new.

As it regards the ESS system starting the engine with gear changes, particularly in Park, I heard it was an EPA requirement. If it isn't it might be what I'll call an Anton Yelchin requirement: something put in to prevent the law suits when people leave their ICE vehicles thinking they're powered down when in park, when they are instead they are just in an ESS event that will eventually terminate while the owner is "in the supermarket."

I'm not minimizing Yelchin's loss or good safety features. But the kind--speaking literally and in metaphors--that force companies to put warnings on coffee cups that say "warning, coffee is hot," IMHO are the product of overly sympathetic jurors willing to give stupid people money because they feel sorry for them and forget that we pay for those rewards in higher prices and a more nanny imposed lifestyle.

My $0.02, off soapbox.
Seems you've been acting like this for a while. I guess it's just who you are. Oh well, not everyone can be personable. ?‍♂

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
I noticed JLfromCA got banned also, I don't know what's going on. It's starting to feel like a ticking clock, I might need to look the rules over again.
That dude had it coming. Every other post from him was “You seem triggered.”
Than he’d go on to try and and make it sound like he wasn’t the instigator by saying something about pigs and dirt.
That and he was almost always wrong about what he was interjecting himself into.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Trolling Threads? 1711313705386-ch
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.