AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
hi guys,
was driving this morning, car felt different , came to start it up , these lights popped up

stability control
electronic throttle control
ess

there was nothing wrong with it , except the Fuel Pump recall a few months back which was completed

anyone run into this ? im @ 17k miles , im going to scan it with my Autel , its weird ...

air intake
and derringer tuner , that's all , but there was no issues ever ...

please chime in
Sponsored

OP
OP
AC77

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Battery? When they go they cause all kinds of crap!
dang it ! im not even gona ask , its a 2 year old car as of 3/24 lol, aux was replaced 4 months ago, o now the main battery ?

OP
OP
AC77

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
i know this has been covered a million times, what the largest battery i can fit ? 94 group ?

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

dang it ! im not even gona ask , its a 2 year old car as of 3/24 lol, aux was replaced 4 months ago, o now the main battery ?
Replaced the aux without replacing the main? They're like Romeo and Juliet: they die together.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AC77

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
im wondering if the newly instaleld winch is draining the battery ? and i need to get a cut off switch hook it up to the aux switch ?

what size battery can i get ? the largest one that can fit ?

• Sad
Reactions: GtX

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

im wondering if the newly instaleld winch is draining the battery ? and i need to get a cut off switch hook it up to the aux switch ?

what size battery can i get ? the largest one that can fit ?
I will share and answer your questions based on my personal experience with your exact dilemma. I too have the Derringer. Along with the Pedal Monster.
Your winch wired directly to the battery will not have any bearing with the issues you're currently experiencing. No you do not need an auxiliary cut-off switch. My Warn is wired directly to the battery no issues ever. Originally I thought it would be a good idea to wire the winch to my OEM auxiliary switches but then I read a few problematic issues there and opted not to.

Had the pain staking exact same lights show up. Several times put the Jeep in limp mode or had me flat out stranded. Common denominator was the "aux battery" was still installed and in place at that time. I swear Jeep dealerships are sworn to secrecy on this. Pull that crap and drop it, permanently remove it and take it out and leave it like a bad habit. Your problems will go away.
It's not a bigger or better battery that you need to fix the problem. The replacement size must be an H7.
I ran on the Mopar OEM standalone main battery without any issues. Because it was nearing 3 years and no battery regardless of quality warranty or long life claims will last here in the desert where I live. So I make it at Habit to change out all my vehicle batteries at the same time every 2 and 3/4 years. Just swapped out my Mopar battery in the Jeep for a Interstate Costco H7 size no issues runs fantastic at a bargain price. Warranty for 3 years no proration. There's no rhyme or reason you'll ever find a reason for those dash lights nor will any dealership. Save yourself the headache and pull that aux.
Good luck let us hear how it all comes out and what you choose

OP
OP
AC77

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I will share and answer your questions based on my personal experience with your exact dilemma. I too have the Derringer. Along with the Pedal Monster.
Your winch wired directly to the battery will not have any bearing with the issues you're currently experiencing. No you do not need an auxiliary cut-off switch. My Warn is wired directly to the battery no issues ever. Originally I thought it would be a good idea to wire the winch to my OEM auxiliary switches but then I read a few problematic issues there and opted not to.

Had the pain staking exact same lights show up. Several times put the Jeep in limp mode or had me flat out stranded. Common denominator was the "aux battery" was still installed and in place at that time. I swear Jeep dealerships are sworn to secrecy on this. Pull that crap and drop it, permanently remove it and take it out and leave it like a bad habit. Your problems will go away.
It's not a bigger or better battery that you need to fix the problem. The replacement size must be an H7.
I ran on the Mopar OEM standalone main battery without any issues. Because it was nearing 3 years and no battery regardless of quality warranty or long life claims will last here in the desert where I live. So I make it at Habit to change out all my vehicle batteries at the same time every 2 and 3/4 years. Just swapped out my Mopar battery in the Jeep for a Interstate Costco H7 size no issues runs fantastic at a bargain price. Warranty for 3 years no proration. There's no rhyme or reason you'll ever find a reason for those dash lights nor will any dealership. Save yourself the headache and pull that aux.
Good luck let us hear how it all comes out and what you choose
I very much appreciate your input and the guys above. I just replaced the main battery a few minutes ago with a H7 battery. All seems ok. I will be pulling off the aux battery asap. Question I know there are many topics on the aux battery delete. Whats the latest and best way to take it off and re route the cables ? Thank you

Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yep....they will take each other down.
Truth. I'm dealing with this now for the sole reason that I procrastinated on bypassing the aux battery. I replaced both batteries 1 1/2 years ago and started seeing the tell tale signs of degredation a few weeks ago "auxillary switches unavailable battery charging".
Last week I pulled fuse F42 and disconnected the aux ground and have been using my Noco charger to prolong the life of the main battery. Lesson learned.
Do yourself a favor and bypass the aux battery before it's to late.

OP
OP
AC77

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Truth. I'm dealing with this now for the sole reason that I procrastinated on bypassing the aux battery. I replaced both batteries 1 1/2 years ago and started seeing the tell tale signs of degredation a few weeks ago "auxillary switches unavailable battery charging".
Last week I pulled fuse F42 and disconnected the aux ground and have been using my Noco charger to prolong the life of the main battery. Lesson learned.
Do yourself a favor and bypass the aux battery before it's to late.
I will asap

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Yes all the diesel Wranglers do. Seems idiotic I know. The engineers did not do their homework well. Pleasing big brother and EPA at consumers cost and headache.
Sponsored