Sponsored

Green Diesel Tune Drivability

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
EOC is Ecodiesel of Canada. They have a tune then a tune/weight loss/exhaust. So a competitor for GDE.

I've talked with both. They both answer questions very quickly. GDE does it a bit more tackfully than EOC does. It seems from conversations and reading on here, EOC for the weightloss and GDE for just a tune.
Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
What's the big concern about the fuel pump? It's an extremely rare failure that's covered by them.

I asked my dealership about it and they're claiming that a fix is due in August. We'll see.
That is what I have heard as well. We have one on the lot and it has been placed on a stop sale that is scheduled to be released in August.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really like my GDE tune. It will hold gears longer when it is cold and torque converter locks up faster than stock. With the earlier lock up and the higher gear changes it sort of feels like a manual in first gear before you press the clutch when you let off at slower speeds. Not a complaint, just something you notice. Youngest drove it this morning and noticed that the throttle was more sensitive than their mothers stock diesel. Getting 2 mpg more than hers and my fuzzy math says that it has paid for itself now that I am over 40k since the install.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I really like my GDE tune. It will hold gears longer when it is cold and torque converter locks up faster than stock. With the earlier lock up and the higher gear changes it sort of feels like a manual in first gear before you press the clutch when you let off at slower speeds. Not a complaint, just something you notice. Youngest drove it this morning and noticed that the throttle was more sensitive than their mothers stock diesel. Getting 2 mpg more than hers and my fuzzy math says that it has paid for itself now that I am over 40k since the install.
How’s your oil temps compared to your wife’s? Oil condition as well? I’d imagine less soot in it and cooler temps. I’m still torn between GDE or EOC. With the EOC you can turn off the EGR which HAS to result in lower oil temps, right?

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How’s your oil temps compared to your wife’s? Oil condition as well? I’d imagine less soot in it and cooler temps. I’m still torn between GDE or EOC. With the EOC you can turn off the EGR which HAS to result in lower oil temps, right?
Have not compared the two. Also somethings to consider, your handle says So Cal. GDE is not carb compliant and they will not ship there some of the EOC tunes have doing some deletions.

Sponsored

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Have not compared the two. Also somethings to consider, your handle says So Cal. GDE is not carb compliant and they will not ship there some of the EOC tunes have doing some deletions.
Where there’s a will, there’s a way my friend…

EOC stage one isn’t a delete, thankfully…

Mperk8

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Tuscadero, 2022 JL sport
This is the type of thread that's kept me on this forum. Great information and good respectful discussion. Thanks to all of you. Very interested in the GDE tune

yarmo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Do the GDE tune. You can keep your stock PCM (for a small fee) and swap back whenever you need to take it into the dealer. The engine braking is very useful when towing, and I love the regen message they added. I can't come up with any downsides of the tune other than initial cost; it's really that great.

There is some "shuddering" with shifts at low speed while the engine is warming up, but it's much less noticeable than I imagined it would be. I've also noticed that there's two shifts to get to second? I'm not sure if that's possible, but it feels like there's an extra shift from first into second right on initial starts. Not a negative at all just something I've noticed. GDE also turned around my trans tune mapping at 10pm on a Friday which was a huge surprise. Fantastic customer service is a great bonus.

OP
OP

StartedWith97TJ

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Rubicon w/ SOT
@Mperk8 - I couldn’t agree more. I am very appreciative that we have this forum to share experiences and lessons learned. It actually adds to the Jeep owner experience. Thank you to everyone for your thoughtful and informative feedback, and keep it coming, because the info has been great!!!

Keep Jeep’n

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is some "shuddering" with shifts at low speed while the engine is warming up, but it's much less noticeable than I imagined it would be. I've also noticed that there's two shifts to get to second? I'm not sure if that's possible, but it feels like there's an extra shift from first into second right on initial starts.
Pretty sure the "second" shift is the torque converter locking up. It happens much earlier than stock and is very noticeable if decelerating under 30 mph when cold. Feels like a manual in first or second when you let off the gas but don't push in the clutch.

Sponsored

yarmo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure the "second" shift is the torque converter locking up. It happens much earlier than stock and is very noticeable if decelerating under 30 mph when cold. Feels like a manual in first or second when you let off the gas but don't push in the clutch.
Might be it not sure. It acts like a shift to me because the rpms drop, but that could just be it locking up and catching then forcing it to a lower RPM.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is exactly what a TC lockup feels like. I had a few WJ's and it the revs would go down when it happened.

greige

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 farout
I love my GDE tunes. I have it on my JL and on my WK2 Grand Cherokee. I had the extended warranty on the WK2 and never had an issue getting warranty work done with my dealer. I am considering buying the extended warranty on the JL. It's a gamble to start with, and a little more so with a tune on board. But some of these prices are hard to resist.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
About to roll past 70k in mine. Paid for itself once I passed 40k.
Sponsored