ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

A couple weeks ago I was approached by Wolfbox and asked if I’d like to test out one of their products. After a short discussion of what I use my Jeep for, I agreed to test out their G900 Mirror Dash Camera setup. A couple of days later I received their G900 system, a separate hardwiring/parking monitor harness kit and a glass protector kit. While I am very appreciative of the opportunity to try out their product, I made it known I take pride in writing honest reviews. They said they completely supported that and wanted real world input and impressions.

Today I opened up the kits and took stock of what all was sent to me. Having no real experience with a product like this I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I was impressed when I cracked open the box to check out the mirror touch screen. It had decent heft in the hand while still being lightweight and not feeling cheap. Alongside the screen was an assortment of adhesive backed clips for cable management, the 2.5k resolution backup camera, a 12 volt power cable to use with your “cigarette lighter” port, a few different screen straps for attaching to the vehicle mirror and a GPS receiver harness. The packaging was well thought out, the instructions were concise but informative and overall had a quality feel to the whole ensemble.

The additional hardwiring kit came in a separate zippered pouch and included a variety of fuse block harnesses to tap power via the vehicle fuse array. The wires are clearly labeled as battery direct and adaptive cruise control, which makes it easy to know where to tap into for a correct setup. Based on the instructions and various YouTube videos I found, it seems like the hardwire kit is not only useful for general commuting use but also for monitoring the vehicle when parked and unattended. That’s a really nice bonus. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve responded to vehicle hit and run calls where some poor soul’s car was parked and some jerk plowed into it only to take off again with no witnesses or workable evidence. Something like this could be a HUGE help in that scenario.

So, initial impressions are very positive. The overall feel and look of the kits give me the impression it’s a well thought out product. Button layouts at first glance are well placed and have a good tactile feel while not looking clunky. I watched a few videos on installing this in the JL and it looks to be pretty simple and straightforward. I hope to have it up and running in the next few days when I have the time to pull trim panels.

I put together a short reel on Instagram if y’all are interested. I’ll link it below. I’ll be putting this kit on and giving a breakdown of the features and how it performs over the next week or so as I get some time with it.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Neilwins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021
I've been looking to get a jump starter recently. How is that one?

WOLFBOX CAR LIFE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Zhong
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wolfbox.com
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Occupation
WOLFBOX OFFICIAL
Have you tried it? You can record videos with it when you're on off-road trip and share with us:rock:

If you have any question, you can send us email at [email protected]. We are happy to help you.:like:

OP
OP
ChuckQue

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Have you tried it? You can record videos with it when you're on off-road trip and share with us:rock:

If you have any question, you can send us email at [email protected]. We are happy to help you.:like:
The camera is in and working extremely well as of this morning! I’m looking forward to reviewing it in more detail.

phageghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
The camera is in and working extremely well as of this morning! I’m looking forward to reviewing it in more detail.
Thanks. I'm seriously considering one of these.

But what I don't understand is why @WOLFBOX CAR LIFE keeps sending out G900 units for review by Jeep Wrangler owners -- if I'm not mistaken, those have a 12" wide screen, which is too wide for the gap between the visors and will interfere with their operation (as noted by @wibornz). The G930 seems to be the correct unit for this application, since it has a 9" wide screen that will actually fit between the visors. Unfortunately the Wolfbox website has so much fluff and clutter it's very hard to compare the various units and see their differences in order to choose between them, but that's the information I've been able to extract from Amazon listings.

What am I missing here?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChuckQue

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

But what I don't understand is why @WOLFBOX CAR LIFE keeps sending out G900 units for review by Jeep Wrangler owners -- if I'm not mistaken, those have a 12" wide screen, which is too wide for the gap between the visors and will interfere with their operation (as noted by @wibornz). The G930 seems to be the correct unit for this application, since it has a 9" wide screen that will actually fit between the visors. Unfortunately the Wolfbox website has so much fluff and clutter it's very hard to compare the various units and see their differences in order to choose between them, but that's the information I've been able to extract from Amazon listings.

What am I missing here?
That’s a fair point and a good question. I did find I can put the passenger side down but not the driver. So far it hasn’t been an issue and I leave the screen on the Wolfbox off when driving so I don’t even notice it. If the visor ever becomes an issue then I’ll reassess.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

That’s a fair point and a good question. I did find I can put the passenger side down but not the driver. So far it hasn’t been an issue and I leave the screen on the Wolfbox off when driving so I don’t even notice it. If the visor ever becomes an issue then I’ll reassess.
You leave the screen off while driving?

OP
OP
ChuckQue

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

You leave the screen off while driving?
Yes. Having the camera screen up catches my eye too much. Natural reaction from seventeen years of law enforcement constantly scanning, so my eye keeps wanting to be drawn to it. It’s there to provide evidence for a collision or crime, or to record trail footage, not to be a distraction. Just my preference.

WOLFBOX CAR LIFE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Zhong
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wolfbox.com
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Occupation
WOLFBOX OFFICIAL

What am I missing here?
The main difference between them is the definition of their rear cams. G900 is 2.5k while G930 is 1080p. As for the width, we meant to display more. Just choose the one you prefer :like:

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase

What am I missing here?
No difference between the 900 and 930 other than width. My Jeep OEM mirror in 9 3/8" at it's widest point and the 930 is 10 3/8". My 930 arrived 2 weeks ago but unfortunately, I had to order a OEM type bracket from China afterwards which arrives today. I should have everything installed by the end of the weekend.

Sponsored

dlong1119

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (Billet), 21 Sahara 4xe (StingGray)
Vehicle Showcase
The main difference between them is the definition of their rear cams. G900 is 2.5k while G930 is 1080p. As for the width, we meant to display more. Just choose the one you prefer :like:
If you really want to capture the Jeep market, you need to offer the 9" display (so it fits between the visors) with the 2.5k rear cam and a detachable or separate front camera (so it can be placed to avoid the ACC box). When that is offered I'm in for one.

dlong1119

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No difference between the 900 and 930 other than width. My Jeep OEM mirror in 9 3/8" at it's widest point and the 930 is 10 3/8". My 930 arrived 2 weeks ago but unfortunately, I had to order a OEM type bracket from China afterwards which arrives today. I should have everything installed by the end of the weekend.
According to the manufacturer, in the post above yours, the 930 has a lower resolution rear camera.

OP
OP
ChuckQue

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I could see why some folks may
If you really want to capture the Jeep market, you need to offer the 9" display (so it fits between the visors) with the 2.5k rear cam and a detachable or separate front camera (so it can be placed to avoid the ACC box). When that is offered I'm in for one.
That does sound pretty sweet. The detachable front camera would be nice, it is a little annoying seeing the ACC box blocking a good portion of the screen.

dlong1119

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I could see why some folks may

That does sound pretty sweet. The detachable front camera would be nice, it is a little annoying seeing the ACC box blocking a good portion of the screen.
Yup, too many compromises with what appears to be an otherwise great product.

rock-rod

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 4XE Sting Grey
Occupation
HR/Payroll Consultant
I have the wolfbox mirror installed in my 2022 JLUR. I originally started with the 900 and switched to the 930 because I thought the 930 would fit between the visors better. It still doesn't allow the use of the driver's side visor because it's still a little bit too wide. I use the mirror primarily as a rear view mirror because my jeep is mainly used for driving my 3 teenage boys to school and they are very tall and block the view from a normal mirror. The rear view camera fixes this issue, but the driver's visor can't be flipped down when needed. If the mirror was maybe a half inch narrower then the visor would work. On a side note, I did buy the OEM mirror mount and installed the mirror with it.
Sponsored