Sponsored

Bronco killer/JL w Independent suspension, wider, longer (Grand Wrangler)

Tokenwasp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU 4xe Rubicon; 2008 Saab 9-3 Conv.
Mostly the marked up "Distributor Installed Options" that are forced on the dealers and that the dealers won't budge on the prices of them. Every time I've tried negotiating on a new Toyota in Atlanta (lived here since before I could drive) I've walked and never owned one. At least when they are dealer installed options on other brands you can tell them to take their crappy $150 wheel locks and $750 protection package and pound sand. The Toyota dealers seem to stand strong on passing the savings on to the customer. Just sell me the vehicle the way the factory built it with out the add-ons at a 4 digit figure.

Like this crap. $129 for a screen protector or $79 for some phone cables I probably already have... GTFOH with that.
Ahh....well, I've never bought a new car, so I haven't dealt with that. I did look at a couple of used Jeeps where the dealer (a Ford dealer) insisted on including their extended warranty. I know how that systems works, they sell the warranty from Ford Motor Credit, which then reinsures it with a (typically offshore) reinsurance company owned by the dealership owner - it is just a way to drive more profit to the dealers. I told them I wasn't paying for that (who wants to service a Jeep at a Ford dealer?), and walked.
Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It's all just a way for the middle man to rake in some more profits.
Every car on the lot has a $129 screen protector (mine for my 8.4" screen was about $15bux on Amazon or less) and a $79 phone cable kit not to mention the other stuff I don't want or might put on myself at a significant saving from their "deal". this Rav4 for instance had $2400 or so in add-ons. Are carpet floor mats really an option on a Toyota? Every car I've bought has had them in them.
I guess they are optional on a Toyota, but only $179 from Toyota, not $449. Maybe that $270 is for the kid in the back to "Install" them. :LOL:
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco killer/JL w Independent suspension, wider, longer (Grand Wrangler) 1713893707418-l7

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7

Tokenwasp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Somethings not adding up here homie
I have a number of clients who own car dealerships, including one of the largest Toyota dealerships in the country. When transferring ownership of a Toyota dealership, we have to work with SET to get approval. So, I have worked with SET quite a bit.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a number of clients who own car dealerships, including one of the largest Toyota dealerships in the country. When transferring ownership of a Toyota dealership, we have to work with SET to get approval. So, I have worked with SET quite a bit.
But not in a dealer/customer relationship. The way they put tons of unwanted/unneeded accessories on vehicles and pass it off as "Thats how they come to us from the factory" is predatory 100%.

Sponsored

Tokenwasp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But not in a dealer/customer relationship. The way they put tons of unwanted/unneeded accessories on vehicles and pass it off as "Thats how they come to us from the factory" is predatory 100%.
...which is why I said (twice) that I didn't know about those issues. I just know they help create super-profitable dealerships (just had a client sell one).

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Actually, it was “they didn’t know it was ordered, just grabbed it off the truck and polished it”
“So you’re charging me for your mistake ?”
“I didn’t request it and you didn’t ask !” Uhh, three times before “I’ll take it off “ .
The percentage of times they get away with it must outweigh when they get caught and have to eat it.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, it was “they didn’t know it was ordered, just grabbed it off the truck and polished it”
“I didn’t request it and you didn’t ask !” Uhh, three times before “I’ll take it off “ .
The percentage of times they get away with it must outweigh when they get caught and have to eat it.
Most people just see the total, circle the smallest number on the "What do you want to pay per month" sheet and call it a day.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure on Toyotas (at least around me) they dealers are allocated and there's no custom ordering of vehicles. They can try to get what is in the pipeline if another dealer hasn't laid claim to it and it's already allocated. But before it goes in the pipeline, the Port installed/Distributor Installed options are on it and they all get some level of crap added to them.. big profit items for the distributor.
I'd guess with the number of Toyotas on the road around here and how busy the dealers are, that it's close to 100% of the time that they get away with it. I've never had any luck with getting the crap removed or even discounted, but then again, I get fed up with the antics and have walked every time I entertained the idea of buying a new Toyota.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty sure on Toyotas (at least around me) they dealers are allocated and there's no custom ordering of vehicles. They can try to get what is in the pipeline if another dealer hasn't laid claim to it and it's already allocated. But before it goes in the pipeline, the Port installed/Distributor Installed options are on it and they all get some level of crap added to them.. big profit items for the distributor.
I'd guess with the number of Toyotas on the road around here and how busy the dealers are, that it's close to 100% of the time that they get away with it. I've never had any luck with getting the crap removed or even discounted, but then again, I get fed up with the antics and have walked every time I entertained the idea of buying a new Toyota.
You mean like the unwanted - optional ?- sunroof and electronics upgrade that were on every V8 4R inventoried in the state and already required the top Trim that has every other “option” standard equipment.

Kinda like buying a V8 Wrangler.

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You mean like the unwanted - optional ?- sunroof and electronics upgrade that were on every V8 4R inventoried in the state and already required the top Trim that has every other “option” standard equipment.

Kinda like buying a V8 Wrangler.
No I mean like $79 phone cords, $459 Carpet Floor Mats and a $129 screen protector. That crap gets put in by the distributor in SE US Toyotas (NC, SC, GA, AL, FL) and is on EVERY vehicle on the lot at the Toyota dealer by me.
There is a distributor that has a strangle hold on the dealers in the SE US and the dealers don't get the vehicles from Toyota but through this middle man that loads them up with profitable crap.

This screen shot is of a window sticker for a Corolla, but each vehicle at this lot has all this crap and some have more. The dealers got socked for it, so so will you. I find that they are not interested in negotiating on it. This is not an add on sticker like dealer addons and ADM. show up on.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco killer/JL w Independent suspension, wider, longer (Grand Wrangler) 1713901521815-qr

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I mean like $79 phone cords, $459 Carpet Floor Mats and a $129 screen protector. That crap gets put in by the distributor in SE US Toyotas (NC, SC, GA, AL, FL) and is on EVERY vehicle on the lot at the Toyota dealer by me.
There is a distributor that has a strangle hold on the dealers in the SE US and the dealers don't get the vehicles from Toyota but through this middle man that loads them up with profitable crap.

This screen shot is of a window sticker for a Corolla, but each vehicle at this lot has all this crap and some have more. The dealers got socked for it, so so will you. I find that they are not interested in negotiating on it. This is not an add on sticker like dealer addons and ADM. show up on.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco killer/JL w Independent suspension, wider, longer (Grand Wrangler) 1713901521815-qr
That’s worse than my 05 as reported- at least they didn’t nickel and dime me another $1000+ , and wouldn’t budge less than $500 over invoice, probably greedier there too now.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s worse than my 05 as reported- at least they didn’t nickel and dime me another $1000+ , and wouldn’t budge less than $500 over invoice, probably greedier there too now.
They are about to sell a Tacoma for $65k+ so yea ...

Jeep Wick

First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Tide
Occupation
Mechanic
Matt's off road did a good job of explaining why the solid axle works better in most situations, as it has a leverage effect. That said, Jeep could have independent suspension similar to what they did to the Mustang. The rear end on those have become pretty cool.

Atomic-Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK - 2022 392 - 2024 JLR
I don’t understand people,

“ I love the idea and persona of Jeeps, but I wish it was more like a Cadillac Escalade. I have so many great ideas on how to make the Jeep less Jeep like.”
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco killer/JL w Independent suspension, wider, longer (Grand Wrangler) 0A8BAE8B-5559-4A61-9741-60F9D12A584F
Sponsored