Sponsored

BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel

konakona

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSD
Build Thread
Link
I just got off the phone with John at BPD . . . he told me he has a customer with a Jeep Wrangler coming in for fitment checks that has the steel bumper and winch installed. He took my name and number (I had been working with other people at BPD) and told me he'd be in touch if they needed another vehicle to look at.

I know that BPD is actively working to make this product a commercial success. I'm very encouraged that we are close to getting this oil temperature problem solved!
Yep they have my wrangler testing with mopar steel bumper and winch. I also have anti rocks on mine. I haven’t heard much from them this week. This isn’t my daily so I don’t have an issue with them keeping it for an extended period of time to figure something out

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/diesel-sahara-40s-no-wonton-blasphemy.65450/

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Yep they have my wrangler testing with mopar steel bumper and winch. I also have anti rocks on mine. I haven’t heard much from them this week. This isn’t my daily so I don’t have an issue with them keeping it for an extended period of time to figure something out

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/diesel-sahara-40s-no-wonton-blasphemy.65450/
I'm stoked that the guys at BPD are actively pursuing this project. I think this will be the solution I've been looking for to solve the high oil temperatures in the most demanding environments! For me, the timing is about perfect . . . I'm ready to bite down on a "ruggedized teardrop" for remote camping and the auxiliary radiator by BPD is what the doctor ordered!

Keep us posted on how you make out!

Jwobes

First Name
Juliana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Eco Diesel
Clubs

Well, I ordered it. I’m surprised no one has commented on this thread with any real discussion. We 3.0 owners have been discussing and complaining about the cooling aspect of this engine non-stop, asking why aftermarket companies haven’t produced a solution. Now one of the big names in diesel performance has dropped a cooling system upgrade and crickets.

Sheesh.
I am experiencing overheating issues. I have a 2021. I live in IL, flat country. I overheat bad at highway speeds 65 mph+ in 70+ degree weather. It drives me absolutely livid. I have the EVO 1/4 stubby which is low profile and does not restrict airflow. I am looking into getting a new aftermarket radiator as everything regarding the coolant system is fine and has been checked over and topped off and tested multiple times. So the radiator is clogged and I have washed it through the fan and from the front and nothing helps so if I am going to go through the trouble of taking it out- I am just going to replace it woth something better. Do you know if this aux cooler would add airflow efficiency with an aftermarket radiator? Or should I just do the radiator? Im willing to spend a pretty penny here as this issue is driving me absolutely mental and I just want it fixed.

Sponsored

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
has anyone also incorporated the Derale twin fan external oil cooler ?

OP
OP
ChuckQue

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I am experiencing overheating issues. I have a 2021. I live in IL, flat country. I overheat bad at highway speeds 65 mph+ in 70+ degree weather. It drives me absolutely livid. I have the EVO 1/4 stubby which is low profile and does not restrict airflow. I am looking into getting a new aftermarket radiator as everything regarding the coolant system is fine and has been checked over and topped off and tested multiple times. So the radiator is clogged and I have washed it through the fan and from the front and nothing helps so if I am going to go through the trouble of taking it out- I am just going to replace it woth something better. Do you know if this aux cooler would add airflow efficiency with an aftermarket radiator? Or should I just do the radiator? Im willing to spend a pretty penny here as this issue is driving me absolutely mental and I just want it fixed.
I’d highly recommend addressing the main issue with the radiator before doing an aux cooler. Otherwise you are just slapping a bandaid (and unproven at that) on a major issue. So far I have only found a couple reputable radiator places that have a JL piece. I’m on the fence as far as that goes.

Gatorjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLURD
Something else is wrong here. It should not be overheating in those conditions. I, and several others I know, have the 3.0 in the Texas hill country. None of us have had overheating issues driving in the hills in 105 degree heat. I even have a bumper and a winch that somewhat restricts airflow.

memayo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU, 2023 JLURD
☝🏼what he said. This was running 75-85 when going going up hill. It would drop
About 15-20* once going back down hill or level. This is on 37s no regrear banks derringer.
Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_5339

Jwobes

First Name
Juliana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Eco Diesel
Clubs

Something else is wrong here. It should not be overheating in those conditions. I, and several others I know, have the 3.0 in the Texas hill country. None of us have had overheating issues driving in the hills in 105 degree heat. I even have a bumper and a winch that somewhat restricts airflow.
Im 99.9% sure it is a clogged radiator. Im taking it to another shop tomorrow to finally get to the bottom of this

Sponsored

Clowe1965

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jkur, tj, 2011 mustang gt, jtrd, 1965 mustang, 93
Maybe I need to give the fitment a try. I have a smittybuilt bumper with a mounted winch and almost screaming for a cooler to be mounted because of the holes below the winch plate.
Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel 20230923_225007

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Agreed. 110°+ EVERY month in July (new record) and my EcoDiesel ran cool as a cucumber.

Prime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Picking up a few prototype skid plates that integrate the BPD supplemental radiator on Monday.

This design draft has a recessed area/lip around the radiator opening to accommodate a block-off plate for use in cold weather or a mesh cutout for protection from rock/road debris.

Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_7457

Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_7456

Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_7455

Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_7454

Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_7453

Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_7452

Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_7450

Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_7449

Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_7448

Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_7447

Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_7446

Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_7445

OP
OP
ChuckQue

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Picking up a few prototype skid plates that integrate the BPD supplemental radiator on Monday.

This design draft has a recessed area/lip around the radiator opening to accommodate a block-off plate for use in cold weather or a mesh cutout for protection from rock/road debris.

Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_7445

Now that’s what I’m talking about!