Sponsored

BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel

Prime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Buttoning up the prototype install…

Also installing the larger Mishimoto radiator and 2024 grill to catch as much air as possible.

I’ll be towing a 6000lb trailer and full bed of cargo up grapevine on I-5 this weekend…

Have no idea how this will play out, but I’ve just about done everything in my power to solve the derate problem.
Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_7619

IMG_7626.png

IMG_7616.jpeg

IMG_7618.jpeg

IMG_7614.jpeg

IMG_7615.jpeg

IMG_7610.jpeg

IMG_7604.jpeg
Sponsored

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Looks good . . . Is Bullet Proof Diesel onboard with this mounting system? Do you think this would work with the OEM steel bumper with winch?

Prime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good . . . Is Bullet Proof Diesel onboard with this mounting system? Do you think this would work with the OEM steel bumper with winch?
I designed it to fit with the oem steel bumper, electronic sway bar disconnect and winch, but I haven’t done a fitting on a vehicle with those features yet.

BPD is aware that the plate was being prototyped but I haven’t heard anything from them recently so the ball is kinda in their court at this point.

I have one more sample on hand that is currently being powder coated — my intention we to send this unit to BPD, but may just sell it to someone else if they aren’t interested.

OP
OP
ChuckQue

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Also installing the larger Mishimoto radiator and 2024 grill to catch as much air as possible.

I’ll be towing a 6000lb trailer and full bed of cargo up grapevine on I-5 this weekend…

Have no idea how this will play out, but I’ve just about done everything in my power to solve the derate problem.
Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_7604

Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel IMG_7604

This looks amazing. I can’t wait to see the results, and I’ll gladly throw money at this if it works…0

Sponsored

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter

Love this ! Bravo !🙌

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

Good Luck and I am really excited to hear if it helps or not. I was just towing 3800lbs to Montana this weekend through some "snow", while coolant was at 208, oil would still hit 250 before I had to let off the throttle during the few "climbs".

1BadDad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Innovator
Whoa developments looking good! Cant wait to hear results!

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
I designed it to fit with the oem steel bumper, electronic sway bar disconnect and winch, but I haven’t done a fitting on a vehicle with those features yet.

BPD is aware that the plate was being prototyped but I haven’t heard anything from them recently so the ball is kinda in their court at this point.

I have one more sample on hand that is currently being powder coated — my intention we to send this unit to BPD, but may just sell it to someone else if they aren’t interested.
Any idea if it will work with all of the above + Maximus-3 tow loops?

Prime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any idea if it will work with all of the above + Maximus-3 tow loops?
It should be a good fit with the above criteria.

The tow loops you reference are outboard of the plate mounting pylons, so highly unlikely that you would have any interference with this configuration.

Sponsored

Prime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I am experiencing overheating issues. I have a 2021. I live in IL, flat country. I overheat bad at highway speeds 65 mph+ in 70+ degree weather. It drives me absolutely livid. I have the EVO 1/4 stubby which is low profile and does not restrict airflow. I am looking into getting a new aftermarket radiator as everything regarding the coolant system is fine and has been checked over and topped off and tested multiple times. So the radiator is clogged and I have washed it through the fan and from the front and nothing helps so if I am going to go through the trouble of taking it out- I am just going to replace it woth something better. Do you know if this aux cooler would add airflow efficiency with an aftermarket radiator? Or should I just do the radiator? Im willing to spend a pretty penny here as this issue is driving me absolutely mental and I just want it fixed.
Mine didn't come close to overheating during the hottest July ever in Phoenix (119° peak with every single day in the 110s). And...that's with the stock radiator. You have something wrong.

Tpsillos

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD
Occupation
Welding Inspector
Clubs

great idea, I just feel like where its mounted it would get taken out pretty quick by a rock, my bumper and skid is pretty banged up.

OP
OP
ChuckQue

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Damn that came out nice. I agree that if you do serious rock crawling it’s still low hanging fruit, albeit better protected than it was. That being said with how many people don’t rock crawl their jeeps, I believe there is a solid market for this especially for the JT users since they likely tow or even just have heavy overland builds and need more cooling capacity.

Really nice work you did. I wish BPD was being more cooperative with you.

Prime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The guys at BPD are just super busy. Actually was such a compliment that they sent me a beta unit for testing.

The cooler skid plate is attached to the frame pylons with 2 forward facing bolts — so the cooler is easily removable in about 5 minutes if rock crawling is on the agenda (you’d just need to complete the cooling loop with a barb fitting). So in that sense, the whole assembly can be rapidly deployed when your driving circumstances require additional cooling capacity.
Sponsored