Sponsored

BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel

Prime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I am trying to find a home for the second prototype assembly we fabricated — only one kit is available and I will not be producing more…. I am essentially liquidating it at cost of parts/development.

This is a complete system/kit with all necessary components required for installation (BPD aux. cooler radiator, abs hex grille mesh, 3/16 HRPO skid plate — surface sandblast preparation with galvanic solution preconditioning, textured black powder coat ARB equivalent finish, 10ft. of 5/8 ID heater hose, 5/8 hose barb circuit connector, tension hose clamps, looped hose restraints with 1/2” m6 aluminum mounting spacers, etc…)

PM if interested —

note to moderator: this is not intended to be a commercial post and is not sanctioned or approved by BPD. and company.
Sponsored

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
The guys at BPD are just super busy. Actually was such a compliment that they sent me a beta unit for testing.

The cooler skid plate is attached to the frame pylons with 2 forward facing bolts — so the cooler is easily removable in about 5 minutes if rock crawling is on the agenda (you’d just need to complete the cooling loop with a barb fitting). So in that sense, the whole assembly can be rapidly deployed when your driving circumstances require additional cooling capacity.
If one wanted to regularly remove the cooler assembly maybe a set of oil line quick disconnects.
Like these. https://a.co/d/c2zETrt
Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel Screenshot_20231102_201804_Amazon Shoppin

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Well I’ll be damned. Look at this:

https://bulletproofdiesel.com/products/bulletproof-supplemental-cooling-system-2021-2023-jeep-diesel

Description

Enjoy improved cooling for your Jeep Diesel engine with the BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System. By adding an additional external radiator, this cooling system increases the cooling capacity to minimize 'defuel' conditions while towing. Enjoy more power and added engine durability.

We tested our 2021 Jeep Gladiator under some of the most extreme conditions both while towing at close to maximum tow ratings and during summer temperatures of over 100 degrees in the Arizona desert. With the Supplemental Radiator installed, while towing approximately 5500 pounds at about 90 degrees ambient air temperature, pulling a 7% grade up Mt Ord (highway 87) there was an improvement of about 11 MPH and 25% engine power available, as compared to stock.

IMG_5246.jpeg
Diesel's safe zone SHOULD be between 180°f-250°f (oil temp). It's only these modern diesels making crazy engine temps. 230°f is our average... That's way too high to be averaging from the factory. :mad:

After installing my new (tighter) honeycomb grill mesh I'm up a few degrees. I idle at 208°f and average (highway) driving temp of 218°f. Hottest I've seen lately is 222°f after driving 2 hours on the highway at 75mph in 80°f (outdoor temp) weather. ;)

I think the real issue here is y'all tryna add stuff to the engine to cool it, when you should be removing stuff...

Jeep Wrangler JL BulletProof Supplemental Cooling System 2021-2023 Jeep Gladiator/Wrangler Diesel friends-joey-tribbiani (11)

Sponsored

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
question: can a winch be installed with this combo ?